Access this dataset
Click the purple Access dropdown button above this README to start working with this repository.
Follow our documentation to copy and update your own version of this dataset.
About this dataset
The datasets provided include the players data for the Career Mode from FIFA 15 to FIFA 23. The data allows multiple comparisons for the same players across the last 9 versions of the video game.
Some ideas of possible analysis:
- Historical comparison between Messi and Ronaldo (what skill attributes changed the most during time - compared to real-life stats);
- Ideal budget to create a competitive team (at the level of top n teams in Europe) and at which point the budget does not allow to buy significantly better players for the 11-men lineup. An extra is the same comparison with the Potential attribute for the lineup instead of the Overall attribute;
- Sample analysis of top n% players (e.g. top 5% of the player) to see if some important attributes as Agility or BallControl or Strength have been popular or not acroos the FIFA versions.
- Every player, coach, and team available in FIFA 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, and also FIFA 23
- All FIFA updates from 10th September 2015 until 13th January 2023
- 110 attributes for players, 8 attributes for coaches, and 54 attributes for teams
- URL of the scraped players, coaches, and teams
- Player positions, with the role in the club and in the national team
- Player attributes with statistics as Attacking, Skills, Defense, Mentality, GK Skills, etc.
- Player personal data like Nationality, Club, DateOfBirth, Wage, Salary, etc.
- Team data regarding their coaches, their overall value, and tactics
Updates from previous FIFA 22 dataset are the following:
- Inclusion of FIFA 23 data
- Inclusion of all FIFA updates for each version from 15 to 23
- Addition of coaches and teams data
- Data provided only with the 2nd yearly FIFA update - like done in the previous datasets - is still available in files called 'male_players (legacy)' and 'female_players (legacy)'
- Players data for each gender is now combined in a single file for all FIFA versions and updates
- Only CSV files uploaded (Excel files excluded)
- Other minor changes (e.g. field in players' data called 'sofifa_id' has been updated to 'player_id', since teams and coaches are now included too)
Data has been scraped from the publicly available website sofifa.com.
As described in https://sofifa.com/robots.txt, there is no limitation at the time of scraping for collecting data for FIFA players, coaches, and teams.
Limitations to scraping the website only relate to player comparisons and API.
|File List||Total items: 10|
|Name||Last Commit||Size||Last Modified|
19k+ players and 110 attributes extracted from the latest edition of FIFA. Obtained from Kaggle.